Saturday, April 14, 2012

Craft FEST! Update

Howdy! What a nice weekend it has been so far.. and it's only half way over! After such a crazy busy week at work and preparing for the show.. I was exhausted! And this weekend is perfectly relaxing.. just wonderful! Last night Kell and I drove out to Oak Hill to an RV site where my parents met us with their RV (this RV site is within walking distance of the craft fest by the way.. awesome!). It was so super windy and chilly.. but really nice. My mom cooked steak and greenbeans and we enjoyed the evening inside their new, cozy RV. Then this morning when Kell and I woke up to head out for the craft fest set up.. it was completely gray outside with strong whipping and gusty winds and looked liek it might pour rain at any second. I was so discouraged! We waited for another hour to just see if things would clear up at all.. and they did! It was still VERY windy.. and even though I sell paper, perhaps the most unfriendly wind and rain material their is.. I decided to just brave it!

And I'm so glad I did. I met some of the nicest people around! Really... everyone was so friendly! I made friends with the customers and great contacts among the other vendors there. Sales were good too.. not a fantastic.. but I'm happy with this event's success :) We're staying here in the RV tonight too.. were eating scallops and asparagus and corn bread and watching One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.. I've never seen it before and my dad won't stop raving about how awesome it is! Here are some pictures of our weekend so far...























1 comment:

  1. I was just thinking about how your show might have gone! Always a learning experience! Looks like you guys are having fun though! Enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete