Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I'm not an extreme-blogger..

Hello! I haven't posted since Friday, and honestly.. I'm not sorry about it. In my efforts to post 7 days in a row.. I became exhausted from and a little bitter towards blogging. Weird? Maybe. But I just don't think I'm one of those people who can maintain a daily blog for 3 reasons:

1. It takes a lot of time (about 1 1/2 - 2 hours per post of thinking, photo taking, uploading, photo editing, writing and formatting).

2. (Some might like this side affect of daily blogging but not I) The constant thoughts in your head during every little event throughout your day of whether or not "this or that" is blog material.

3. I missed going to bed with my sweetie and I think he missed it too. The only time I had to post was at night after all the days work and chores were finished. Sometimes posting would begin pretty late and not end until a lot later that night (usually after Kell went to bed).

So yeah.. while I did enjoy the final postings and the feeling of being a devoted blogger, I did feel like I was neglecting other and more important parts of my life. I realized this on Friday and took a break.. so no, I didn't complete my goal of blogging 7 days in a row... But I'm glad I didn't, sorry if you aren't!! You can still expect to see often updates, just not daily ones! I'm thinking once or twice a week is manageable. :)

On another note...


I really really want to grow a garden. A big, lush and well stocked garden. I'm thinking of how nice it would be to pick flowers for the table and to go produce shopping in my backyard. Also I would yeild a portion every weekend to sell at the very quaint, two stand, DeLand Farmer's Market. Lately they've only been selling herbs and honey, which if you asked me, isn't much of a Farmer's Market at all!




....In my dreams and hopefully someday in my future.

p.s. tonight or tomorrow you can FINALLY expect pictures and news from our trip to Charleston almost 3 weeks ago! Don't know why it has taken me so long... for that I apologize!

1 comment:

  1. I completely understand what you mean! I'm try my best to blog at least Monday through Friday (Never over the weekend) And, that at times can be super frustrating. When juggling life and like you said leisure time becomes a debate on blog worthiness...yea I just decided to not sweat it as much, and go back to how I used to blog just for fun of it and to share cool stuff.

    So far so good, I haven't had a blog breakdown yet lol

    ReplyDelete