Saturday, March 17, 2012

food truck bazaar



Food trucks are catching on here in Orlando.. AT LAST!


Before seeing the trend across some blogs, I always had thought that food trucks were all grime and grease and run by grouches with no concern for sanitation. That was until some blog writers I follow (in the right sidebar) from California posted about food truck gatherings they would go to.. or a craft market that had food trucks that looked very clean, trendy, had great marketing and design, yummy food and HAPPY business owners who seem to really enjoy the "food truck community" they created. I wished I could be a part of such a get together and and was disappointed that the whole food truck mania seemed to never hit Florida.. and then it did! Or maybe I just found out about it.. but either way, it's happening and I'm loving it!

Each truck has it's own website with a schedule for where they go on a daily basis, but a huge collection of them also participate in large truck gatherings in different locations across Central Florida a few times a week.

This link is the Food Truck Bazaar website where you can find the schedule for those large gatherings. And below are some pictures of a bazaar at the Sanford Marina (where we set sail a lot) I attended a couple weeks ago with my mom and a friend, Patti. For a good part of the time I had my hands and mouth full of delicious goodness so I couldn't get a picture of every truck there.. but the ones that I could get are photographed below. For more info on ANY of these trucks and more, you can go here to see all of the trucks that participate.

ENJOY the pictures.. but really you ought to come out and ENJOY the event, it's a lot of fun and a great place to meet new people and is an exciting non-touristy event to bring visiting friends and family to!









Lobster Roll from Monsta Lobsta



The Vegematic from The Flattery





Nutella, Banana, Raspberry Crepe from The Crepe Company

2 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! We were there too. Sorry we missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh myyy... The Vegematic looks amazing! This looks like such a fun gathering!

    ReplyDelete