Monday, May 7, 2012

Once again, Atlanta was good to us...

Howdy there friends!




Kell and I had a most fabulous time in his hometown of Atlanta! I managed to take zero pictures.. ugh. Reason being though is that we were having too much fun.. and I just plain forgot.

We didn't get in until VERY late Thursday night (4am).. actually Friday morning really. I tend to get too wordy if I try to describe a fun filled anything.. so I am a frequent user of list form..

Friday: woke to toasting bagels and lox, went to a few antique/resale stores in the area with my lovely mom-in-law (snagged matching rusty vintage folding chairs), boys went out and flew airplanes, lunch and girl time at the house, off to an early dinner at the Four Seasons Hotel restaurant (fancy!), then Kell and I went to Decatur and hooked up with our texas roadtrip buddies at a pub and met some of their fun friends too!

Saturday: woke to fluffy waffles and coffee, boys played in the basement and flew planes again, girl time in the sewing room finishing a shirt 3 years in the making (im such a sloooow sewer!), off to our friend Toni and Bryan's wedding, laughed and danced our butts off with lots of Kell's old high school pals, home to change, back to the wedding hotel where the family had reserved two walleyball courts.. played till our arms were purple.

Sunday: woke to fresh cooked eggs and sausage, girl time in the sewing room and on the sunny deck, guys went and flew planes (AGAIN!), sandwich lunch, boys came back and we killed brain cells watching Swamp People, then it was goodbyes for us and a 7hour rainy road trip back to Florida.

I miss our Atlanta family and friends. Did you see all of those delicious breakfasts I woke to?? I hate leaving everytime. It will be fun if we get to live there one day like we hope to! I just need to figure out how to get my parents to follow us. :)

Now I'm back to work at the elementary school and yours truly paperie. This morning I got an email from a woman in Mount Dora opening a local craft gallery... she wants to sell my stationery! Between this, my etsy shop and multiple custom design projects... I've been very busy with my little side business :) Finally broke even last month and now making money! Thanks be to God, I feel quite blessed on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment